[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.15 gets unusable slow after a short time

At 18:52 09.11.2004, you wrote:

> I thought, the NPTL problem has already been fixes in 1.3.13 (I just
> searched the mailinglist-archive, I saw several success reports concerning
> a NPTL enabled system).

So did I - but apparently it isn't so.
The next VDR version will contain the NPTL check again.
Maybe it really isn't the NPTL matter, I am just checking the hint from C.Y.N. with setting EPGScanTimeout = 0, I can't tell at the moment, I have to let it run for a while, to see if it happens again.

> BTW Klaus, I've read you use SuSe. Why don't you try Gentoo,

Why should I? Suse (currently 8.2 with kernel 2.4.20) works just fine
for me.
It may run fine for you, but just think about it, a 2.4 kernel is not really performing well on decent hardware, and your project has become that popular, people are going to use it with various distributions and most likely on new setups, like AMD64 and PCI-Express boards, altogether with SATA drives and other new stuff.

--
Sincerely,
Master One

Home | Main Index | Thread Index