[vdr] Re: Sound stopped working via my FF DVB-S card

Michal Dobrzynski <> has written on Saturday, November 13, 2004 1:54 AM:

> On 13/11/2004, at 10:45 AM, Michal Dobrzynski wrote:
>
>> Suddenly and spontaneously sound stopped working via my FF DVB-S
>> card.
> WAHOO!! BASTARD THING WORKS!
>
> I had a sudden revelation. Maybe the volume in vdr is off! This would
> be strange as I don't have any controls mapped for volume control in
> vdr. So I telnet into port 2001 and look at the volume. Sure enough
> it's 0. So I set it to 255 and now I have sound. Thank god.

So am I. It happens when VDR has to do a restart and cannot finnish it
(e.g. error in channels.conf or missing plugin). This is a new behavior
with 1.3.15 !

> Anyone have amy idea how this could spontaneously happen overnight?

See above....

> Regards,
> Michal Dobrzynski

/hgm.bg