[vdr] Re: bitstreamout vs. AC3overDVB

Dr. Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> wrote:
> Exactly.  Beside this my bitstreamout plugin works perfectly for
> most AV receivers if the sound card clock is a few ppm faster

Why is it that the data format of AC3overDVB differs from the one sent by
bitstreamout? I would like to understand the technical reason.

> Be warned:  The signal level of the S/P-DIF out of a DVB-S card
> is at 5 volt ... you've to use a tranformation (resistors arn't

Yes I know. There is a simple circuitry on
http://documents.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html ("Simplest TTL
to S/PDIF coax interface") that uses only a 330 and 100 Ohm resistor. The
voltage is divided by 100/430, and the output impedance is 1/(1/100+1/330)
(approx. 77) Ohms.  Should be okay for most purposes, at least for
testing.

Anyway, I may also have a TOTX173 somewhere. I prefer optical anyway.

>     http://www.rf-link.de/AVBoard_Bestellung.txt

Oops, I get a Connection refused on this link.

> AC3 from VDR, AC3 and DTS.  At home it works flawless and I'm awaiting
> the responce of some testers to make it available for all.

You bet I'll give it a try :-)

--
The more we disagree, the more chance there is that at least one of us
is right.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index