[vdr] Re: How to play HDTV files ?

Hi,

Gregoire Favre wrote:

just compiled mplayer CVS, and surprise, I can play full resolution with
x11 driver without a single framedrop on my computer, really amazing :-)

And in the meantime, I had also xine "playing" live VDR (no HDTV) with
xv...

I can't understand the hudge difference betweem xine and mplayer... but
I am happy that I can play HDTV on my computer with my old G550 :-)
Would you please explain your mplayer configuration in more detail (you might want to contact me privately)?

I'd really like to put some work into xine for getting my G550 also play HDTV properly as it is one of the fanless GFX boards with best signal quality (see c't 24/04, page 143).

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de