[vdr] Re: Rotor plugin commands sending

Mariusz wrote:

> I'm using a GI100 HH Mount, Skystar2 and vdr 1.3.12 with the Rotor
> plugin.
>
> Every time while the diseqc command is sending to the rotor there is a
> momentary signal distortion, what is visible on the picture of the
> actually tuned channel. Since it's a hardware problem I can live with
> that. But I have noticed, that the rotor plugin is sending a goto X
> command to the rotor every time when I switch channel. That command
> makes an ugly effect mentioned above, and the picture need 2-3 seconds
> to get stable.

I think I don't understand what you mean. When you switch channel there
is no picture on tv, because you tune to another channel. Which picture
get disturbed and when (after tuning to the new channel?) ?

> The effect disappears when I switch off the diseqc
> usage in the vdr LNB settings.

Did you only turn of the diseqc usage in the LNB settings or also "Use
GotoX" in the setup menu of the plugin.

> So, the question. Since there is really no need to send the command
> everytime when the channel is switched, is it possible to send the
> command ONLY when switched channel is on the other satellite than
> previous one (comparing the SX value of the channels properties for
> example)?

The plugin should actually work like this already.

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index