[linux-dvb] Re: VDR in a busybox environiment

Alfred Zastrow wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> I'm working on a small base system for my vdr box, which is mostly based
> on busybox (0.60).
>
> But due to a limitation from busybox I need two programms from the GNU
> textutils:
>
> One "problem"-program is `sort`, because you use `sort -df` in
> recording.c and busybox know only the parameters -u, -r or -n.
>
> Is it possible to bypass the need of "-df"?
> I tried to understand the logic with some example file names, but I did
> not find the reason.

As stated in another reply you can simply leave out the '-df' option.
The sorting will be different then, though.

> The next program is df. You use `df -m -P` in tools.c
> Busybox don't know the parameter -P(osix compatible) but the output is
> similar to the output of `du` *with* the parameter above
> (the only difference with or without -P is one linefeed between the
> listed resource and the numbers).
> I think you can strip it without any changes in the code.

The '-P' option was introduced with a fix for NFS mounted volumes.
>From what I can see at the moment it really should work without the '-P'
option, but I'm hesitant to change it because I assume it has been
introduced for a reason...

Klaus