[linux-dvb] Re: Suggested (minor) change for channels.conf

Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:

> [...]

No problem.
A simulcrypt entry might look like this

   Mediaguard/Viaccess = 6

and every DVB card that can provide either Mediaguard or Viaccess can be assigned
that value.

Let me construct a scenario:

modes.conf:

  FTA        = 0
  Betacrypt  = 1
  Seca       = 2
  Irdeto     = 3
  Mediaguard = 4
  Viaccess   = 5
  Mediaguard/Viaccess = 6

setup.conf:

  DVB.1.Modes = 0
  DVB.2.Modes = 1
  DVB.3.Modes = 4 6
  DVB.4.Modes = 5 6

With this setup, DVB card #1 can only receive FTA channels, #2 can also
receive Betacrypt channels, #3 can receive both pure Mediaguard and
Mediaguard/Viaccess channels, while #4 can receive pure Viaccess and
also Mediaguard/Viaccess channels.

I guess this allows for unlimited configurations, or have I missed something?
Plus it is also not restricted to CA scenarios, but can also be used for
"exotic" setups, where channels can only be received by specific cards, even
if they are not encrypted.

The channels.conf will, in its Ca field, contain exactly ONE number (0...6),
since it is part of the channel definition which mode it is broadcast in.

> Also, the same channel AB1 is broadcast on Astra and on HotBird. That
> becomes really complex to manage ...

I guess these would be separate channel entries, anyway, since I hardly
believe they would have the same transponders and/or PIDs. At least the
DiSEqC value would have to be different, depending on the satellite
infrastructure you have.

Klaus