[linux-dvb] Re: dvb Patch Firmware Directory

Deti,

Deti Fliegl writes:
 > Well we can even decide to put the firmware to the fixed place /lib/DVB.
 > Your brother's idea was to be able reading it from the cwd. It was not
 > mine - I was just reimplementing this feature to keep backward
 > compatibility (since daemonize() detaches a thread from the file_struct
 > etc. the cwd gets lost).

It seems that it is enough to just use a few lines of daemonize()
which detach the process from the parent memory and leave out the
parts that change current->files and current->fs.
kernel_thread() should also not be called with CLONE_FILES/FS
so that the thread gets its own copies and not shared structures.

This keeps the old behavior that the firmware is reloaded from the cwd
but lets the insmod terminate properly.
Reloading also seems to work now when terminating the shell of the
insmod command.
I'll check in the changes tonight.

 > Well I don't need the get_cwd facility but for testing different
 > firmware versions a module parameter would be helpful.

I guess we could still do that with absolute paths without get_cwd().
We have a working directory now after all.

Ralph