[linux-dvb] Re: What's the minor-shift (if there is one set)?

> > parameter (because using c type devices)...  Is mknod
> > supposed to be used to create the devfiles??
>
> The whole idea of devfs is that you *do not* use
> mknod to create device nodes. They are created
> automatically when the drivers are loaded.
>
> The purpose of devfsd is only to create legacy
> device name links or set permissions/ownership
> of device nodes.
>

> HTH,
> Johannes

Ok, I managed to install all the 5 cards using devfs (by
changing MAX_NUM_DVB from dvb.h to 5)...
Problem now is that when doing "make rmmod" I get this...

/usr/src/linux/scripts/pathdown.sh: TOPDIR: parameter null
or not set
(       \
rmmod dvb;              \
rmmod dvb_frontend;     \
rmmod dvb_demux;        \
rmmod saa7146_v4l;      \
rmmod saa7146_core;     \
rmmod tuner;            \
rmmod stv0299;          \
rmmod tda8083;          \
rmmod SP8870;           \
rmmod L64781;           \
rmmod VES1820;          \
rmmod VES1893;          \
rmmod dmxdev;           \
rmmod dvb_filter;       \
rmmod videodev;         \
rmmod i2c-core;         \
rmmod dvb_net;          \
rmmod dvbdev;           \
)
i2c-core: Device or resource busy

the output of subsequent lsmod gives:

Module                  Size  Used by
saa7146_core               0   0  (deleted)
i2c-core               13600   0
af_packet              12560   0  (autoclean)
usb-uhci               21232   0  (unused)
usbcore                50752   1  [usb-uhci]
8139too                12704   1  (autoclean)
rtc                     5600   0  (autoclean)

saa... seems to be "deleted" (???) and i2c-core, even if
used by 0, reported to be busy... (!!!)
Any one of the driver developpers might know the problem?
Could it be the fact that I changed that define in dvb.h?

Aurelian