[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/ost/vdr0 | ts2ps -> broken data

Moin mocm!
mocm@metzlerbros.de schrieb am Tuesday, den 19. March 2002:

>  > Uhm, what? Another user gave me a hint with "ntuxzap -e" which made
>  > /dev/ost/dvr0 output some data ;) This could be documented on a good
>  > place.
>
> Yes, ntuxzap sets the demuxes for dvr output (see ntuxzap -h). How to
> set the demuxes is documented in the API documents.

Okay. I wish there would be a Mplayer plugin to tune the DVB card and
decode the output.

>  > cat /dev/ost/dvr0 | ts2ps 0 0 > bla.mpg
>
> It is better to set the PIDs. If you use "0 0" ts2ps tries to find
> them, but that may not work every time.

Well, the documentation does not tell much about how to get the PID
numbers. tspids fails.

>  > a) just no data, or
>  > b) the headers seems to be okay (mplayer detects picture- and sound
>  >    formats), but the picture is black and sound is absolute silence or
>  > c) the data is binary trash. It is detected as in b), but it's only
>  >    noise and crapy picture.
>  >

> Are you sure you have good reception?

Absolutely, VDR works fine. I am testing this all with the Galaxis DVB-S
card of my brother (preparing to buy my own Nova card soon ;) and I can
see the TV output too.

> Have a look at www.linuxstb.org. There are quite a number of useful
> tools. Especially for cards without MPEG decoder.

I cannot find much. dumprpt seems to output the data captured from dvr0,
and I execute the same things as described in the docs of dvbstream, I
get the same results - black picture in Mplayer, no sound.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Der Wahnsinn hat Methode!