[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/ost/vdr0 | ts2ps -> broken data

Eduard Bloch writes:
 > Moin mocm!
 > mocm@metzlerbros.de schrieb am Tuesday, den 19. March 2002:
 >
 > >  > Uhm, what? Another user gave me a hint with "ntuxzap -e" which made
 > >  > /dev/ost/dvr0 output some data ;) This could be documented on a good
 > >  > place.
 > >
 > > Yes, ntuxzap sets the demuxes for dvr output (see ntuxzap -h). How to
 > > set the demuxes is documented in the API documents.
 >
 > Okay. I wish there would be a Mplayer plugin to tune the DVB card and
 > decode the output.
 >
 > >  > cat /dev/ost/dvr0 | ts2ps 0 0 > bla.mpg
 > >
 > > It is better to set the PIDs. If you use "0 0" ts2ps tries to find
 > > them, but that may not work every time.
 >
 > Well, the documentation does not tell much about how to get the PID
 > numbers. tspids fails.

Try rtuxzap (call with -s 1) and press "e" after you set the channel.
The stream will be recorded to /tmp/record.mpeg as PS.
You need the CVS version for that.
I also started to implement the possibility that rtuxzap put out the
stream via a tcp socket, but don't have time to finish that right now.

Marcus