[linux-dvb] B-Sky-B's VideoGuard encryption.

"Stuart L. Morris" wrote:
> Does enough information exist in the public domain for someone (given
> enough time ;-) to decrypt B-Sky-B's VideoGuard encryption? I'm not
> talking about getting around the encryption but totally legal Sky
> subscription card plugged into the CI slot on a Hauppauge DVB-s card?
> Would it even be possible or would something have to be done on the
> DVB-s card rather than on the PC?

Unfortunately I do not have the answer for that, Stuart,
but I find the question very interesting. So I have changed
the subject line to make it easier for people to find your
question and respond to it.

I believe the Videoguar manufacture's pages are at
  http://www.nds.com/solutions/videoguard.html

There is also a Videoguard FAQ at
  http://satupdate.averi.hr/faq/videoguard.asp
unfortunately in a language that I do not understand.

Carsten.