[linux-dvb] Re: Problem in dvb_formats.c

Reinhard Katzmann writes:
 > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
 > Hi Marcus,
 >
 > On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 01:34:18PM +0200, mocm@metzlerbros.de wrote:
 > > Reinhard Katzmann writes:
 > >  > Hi!
 > >  >
 > >  > now near line 2885 (a52_decode_data()) I get two
 > >  > errors:
 > >  >
 > >  > - a52_block only has one parameter (this is easy
 > >  >   to be solved)
 > >  > - static a52_state_t is not possible, because the
 > >  >   structure has no storage size.
 > >  >
 > > The lib52dec API seems to have changed. I haven't gotten the latest
 > > version yet. Since there is no version information in the header
 > > files, this is a little tricky to change.
 >
 > Can't the configure script find out the version of a library ?
 > If yes, this might be added as a define for older / newer version
 > of the lib (or require 0.7.3 or later as soon as the bug is fixed).

Could be difficult, since there is only a difference in a function
declaration. It may be better to follow a52dec and adapt to the latest
version. I'll try to check if there is a new version and fix my code
accordingly, or others could help by sending fixes (which already
happened in the case of 0.7.2, but I forgot to check it in). I will
state the version that is needed in the tuxzap README.

Marcus