[linux-dvb] Re: Newby troubles...

Alessandro Pasotti writes:
 > >From HOTBIRD 13E
 > -102&5	./dvbtune -c 0 -f 12480000 -p v -t 1  -s 27500 -pnr 10704       working
 > but it should be under freq. 11623000

[...]

 > MISTERY: why I ask to tune 12480 and it says L-Band: 1880 but it founds a
 > channel that should be at 11623 ????

10.6 GHz - 9.75 Ghz = 850 MHz,  which is just about the difference you are
observing!

The 22KHz signal switches Universal LNBs between 9,75 and 10,6.
Since you probably switch between Astra and Hotbird with 22KHz (and I
guess the 22KHz switch does not let the 22KHz through) you can only get
the lower bands on both LNBs.
But the application thinks you use the upper band if 22KHz are on.
This explains all the wrong frequencies and other effects you get.

 > - other HB channels are also working but under wrong freq values, most of them
 > cannot be tuned anyway.

see above.

 > It seems that the tone 22khz is used to switch LNB's, I hope that I will solve
 > the problem buying a new diseqc switch.

You still will only receive the lower band with your older LNB.

Ralph