[linux-dvb] Re: Nova CI (or the new Nova CI Terr) and CAM?

--On den 4 november 2002 20:30 +0100 Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
wrote:

> It probably could be reversed engineered rather easily.

OK, that might be one option, then. Has anyone on the list looked
into this?

Ralph, I assume you have an idea how the Nova CI is built;
Given that we know more about what chips it uses and how, how
hard do you think it would be to make the driver support
Nova CI CAMs?

> Yes, but just the CI stuff. The KNC1 DVB-S cards already were supported
> by the AV7110/SAA7146 driver (though not in the newer Convergence
> drivers).

These cards sounds interresting indeed! Does the KCN1 DVB-S have
an AV7110 or is it built more like the Budget/Nova card?
Does anyone know where to buy them and/or anything about prices?

Thanks for your help!

/ragge