[linux-dvb] Re: Nova CI (or the new Nova CI Terr) and CAM?

Hi Ralph,

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Ragnar Sundblad writes:
>  >
>  > You are referring to drivers for the KNC1 cards I guess?
>
> Yes, but just the CI stuff. The KNC1 DVB-S cards already were supported
> by the AV7110/SAA7146 driver (though not in the newer Convergence drivers).

can you please explain a bit more in detail why the KNC1 should not work
with the new driver? I don't have this card here, so I can't test it on
my own, but AFAIK we include the KNC1 vendor/device id pair and the
saa7146/av7110 code should support it as well.

What exactly is the problem?

Holger