[linux-dvb] Re: Off topic - IR

Hi,

you can solder a simple IR receiver directly onto your card.

For 2.1 and newer cards you can solder a mini-RCA jack like this:

    Base  -- GND
    Ring  -- signal
    Tip   -- VCC

example pinout for TSOP 1136:

    +---------+
    |         |-- signal
    |         |
    |         |-- VCC
    |         |-- GND
    +---------+

For old cards (rev < 2.1) with J2 connector you solder the IR receiver
directly on these pins:

pin 2  - VCC
pin 9  - signal
pin 10 - GND

thenafter you load a matching keymap for your remote control using the
av7110_loadkeys utility. Depending on the type of your IR receiver you
might or might not have to set the invert option when loading the
keymap. Thenafter the key events should fall out of /dev/input/eventX.

good luck,

Holger