[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T not working

Jürgen Peitz wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 19. November 2002 09:19 schrieb Nils Ohlmeier:
> > Hi Juri,
> >
> > maybe you are right about my statement about the different branches.
> I just
> > made clean checkout to try it again:
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co DVB
> >
> > I made and insmoded the driver, and compiled the [s|c|t]zap application.
> > Copied the channels.conf-dvbt-berlin to ~/.tzap/channels.conf and the
> > result from './tzap RTL' looks like this:
> >
> > using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> > tuning to 778000000 Hz
> > status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
> > status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
> >

> Hi,
> channels.conf for tzap is probably not up to date. Frequenzy for RTL
> DVB-T in
> Berlin is 658000000. This are the values from my vdr channels.conf.

Yes, Jürgen is right, but the value for the ZDF is still valid. So if
you do a 'tzap ZDF' it should tune to the ZDF (at least it does so on my
box ;)

Another thing I observed is that sometimes it doesn't work on the first
long time but I cannot see anything. A 'make rmmod; make insmod'
resolves this problem most of the time.
As I see from you logs your DVB-T shares its IRQ with a nother PCI
device. On my test box my DVB card also shares the IRQ with another PCI
device (USB). Maybe this is causing the problems. I'm going to swap
cards the next time I'm fiddling with this box.

Cheers,
Juri

     then each of us still has one object.
     then each of us now has two ideas.