[linux-dvb] TechnoTrend DVB-C & ABIT BP6 mainboard problems

Uwe Schuerkamp writes:

 > I mounted the card in different PCI slots, and it looks like the
 > distortions get worse as the card gets closer to the AGP slot. I
 > wonder if there are any known issues using this DVB card on this
 > motherboard? Would upgrading the motherboard BIOS help (current
 > version is 2000-something)?

It may also be that you have a heat problem, or a problem with a weak
power supply. Although, we only saw the latter with DVB-s cards. If getting
closer to the AGP slot also means getting closer to your CPUs or
graphics card, then I would guess heat. Try leaving the case open and
pointing a fan at the computer. If you still get the problem than it
is something else.
Is your power supply sufficient for your setup? We also saw
distortions with a DVB-s card (which needs more power than T or C
because it has to power the diseqc switches and lnb) when we put a
faster CPU on our board without upgrading the power supply.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |