[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

Juri Haberland wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>
> > Regarding the driver release: I'm going to do it now, with the
> > sp8870 driver as is in CVS. Sorry. But then there's always
> > the possiblity for 1.0.1...
>
> Have you at least looked at the new patch from Jürgen?

I glanced over it.

> I'm currently running it now and I haven't had a lockup now - though it's
> to early to really tell - but I didn't have any problems with channel
> switching either. So this seems to be an improvement.

IMHO it _is_ too early to tell.

> If you release the current CVS state as stable 1.0.0 I have to rant that
> this isn't stable at all for me...
>
> Please, at least consider to wait until Wednesday and see what Edward,
> Nils, me and possibly Ragnar have to tell about this patch.

Ranting doesn't help. I think there's too much experimentation
going on, and no one can tell how long it takes until we have
something which _really_ is an improvement for everyone.

If you come up with a patch that really improves things for
this frontend I'm ready to release 1.0.1 within a few weeks.

1.0.0-releases-are-always-unstable-anyway'ly yours,
Johannes