[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

If you can give me a few hours then I can try this patch out. I wouldn't
rely on my card being representative though - I really suspect that it dying
slowly. However, if this patch breathes life into it, then I would strongly
suggest that it is an incredibly powerful patch (it will work better than
the windows drivers for example!!)

I'm very sad to report that this patch appears to have made no difference on *my* card. However, I think my card may well be dying and so not representative of other peoples problems... It currently seems to last about 6 channel changes which is better than yesterday...

I will do some more debugging later and see if I can see that the patch is actually firing, ie whether I get debugging messages in the log. A cursory glance though I saw a few "locked up" warning messages, but when I retested after manually killing dvb-ttpci, I then locked it up again and saw no warning messages...

Just to be clear I am applying this patch to the DVB cvs branch? Applied against CVS 30 mins ago I had hunk 3 of your patch not apply cleanly (wierd though, it looked fine) and so I manually applied.

I have just about given up on this card now. I will give hauppauge a ring tomorrow and see if they will help out, but assuming in the likely event that they don't does anyone want a long term loan of this card (Juergen?) for investigation (I'm assuming that I might want it back at some point though). Failing that, anyone want to buy it to use with VDR in conjunction with a budget card for signal?

Thanks for your interest everyone

Ed W