[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

> > I will do some more debugging later and see if I can see that the patch
> > is actually firing, ie whether I get debugging messages in the log.  A
> > cursory glance though I saw a few "locked up" warning messages, but when
> > I retested after manually killing dvb-ttpci, I then locked it up again
> > and saw no warning messages...
> Did you enable debugging for the alps_tdlb7 driver? Then you normally
should
> get a messages "sp8870_set_frontend: Delay ..." with every channel switch.
> Can you post some of this messages? Do you get "sp8870_set_frontend:
firmware
> lockup!" messages?

I didn't, but I will do when I get a bit longer for testing.  Temporarily I
am going to give up on this card because I only have a few hours a week to
play with stuff and I would like to get my MythTv system setup and working.

Right now I have a new Hauppauge Nova-T (with remote), and I'm just trying
to work out what I need to do to get it going with a 2.4 kernel (I need to
use dvb-kernel I believe).  However, the dvb-kernel readme implies no
changes required to my kernel (2.4.22 gs), ie simply compile the 2.4
modules, insmod and off we go.  Indeed they do seem to insmod OK without any
other patches, but I'm not sure where I find tzap tools or equivalent...?
If I use tzap which comes with the DVB branch I get an error message,
something like:

"ioctl: FE_SET_PARAMETERS invalid parameter" (I'm typing this from memory)

Any idea what I should be doing? (I'm obviously missing the obvious wadge of
documentation, but not sure where to look?)

> > Just to be clear I am applying this patch to the DVB cvs branch?
> Yes, thats right. I tested this patch only the firmware from windows
driver
> version 2.15a. Do you use the same?

Yep, same here.  Will retest with proper debugging soon.  Thanks so much for
your interest in this though

Ed W