[linux-dvb] Re: Small patch to disable zigzagging

Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
A few weeks ago I had taken the time to write a small mod to the dvb
drivers that allows me to enable or disable zigzagging with a ioctl
call. I need it because I like to move my parabola to point to
different satellites, and the signal strength indication is
frustratingly useless as a help for correct alignment if tuning is
happily jumpimg up and down.
I added two IOCTL's, called FE_ZIGZAG and FE_DONT_ZIGZAG. The patch is
very simple, and works fine here. I have made sure that, if these
ioctls are not used, there is no change in behaviour.
I have now generated a patch file from plain linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0, that I
am including in this message. Is there some possibility to have this
applied to the main tree?
no, an ioctl like this is nice for debugging purposes, but in general the user space application is not responsible to maintain the hardware. If a particular frontend don't needs zigzagging just set the FE_CAN_RECOVER bit in the driver.

Holger