[linux-dvb] Re: Small patch to disable zigzagging

	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Small patch to disable zigzagging
	Date: mar, ago 05, 2003 at 11:56:01 +0200

Quoting Holger Waechtler (holger@convergence.de):

> no, an ioctl like this is nice for debugging purposes, but in general
> the user space application is not responsible to maintain the hardware.
> If a particular frontend don't needs zigzagging just set the
> FE_CAN_RECOVER bit in the driver.

It is needed for hardware debugging, that is, for correcting the
alignment of my satellite dish. This must be independent of whatever
frontend I am using.

I must be able to access both behaviours: non-zigzagging when
positioning the dish, and zigzagging when tuning to different
stations. And this, with the same dvb card and driver. I have written
a couple of utilities, one for each activity. I do not think I should
unload & reload the frontend module whenever changing from one
application to the other.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe