[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

> I have a question to the people with switching problems: how fast do you
> switch the channels?
> I had the complete lock-up after switching many channels very fast (i
switched
> to the next channel after seeing the first picture or the on-screen
> tv-program). Normaly i do not switch that fast. So maybe the lock-ups are
> related to the switching speed?!

I think that the card is *more* likely to lockup if you change channels
quickly, ie wait for the picture and change immediately.  Waiting a good few
seconds *seems* to lower the chance of a lockup.  However, this is a very
circumstantial measurement - my card locks up whatever, and the difference
between changing slowly and fast is not that great.

If you wanted a guess as to why.  Suppose the card was running on the limit
and heat/voltage were issues, then a couple of channel changes might just be
tipping it over the edge...

Ed W