[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T Problems

> FWIW, these are exactly the symptoms I had on a SIS chipset with a budget
> card. These cards appear to be very timing sensitive. The parameters to
> play with are the SAA7146A "FIFO threshold" and "PCI burst length"
> settings. Settings I found to work well:

Wahoo.  Thanks for these tips.  I'll give them a try tonight, but I'm
feeling lucky now!

The P4P800 is actually an i865 board, (the P4C800 is the i875).  I was
advised that this was a better board for all intents and purposes...  Seems
to be fast enough for me anyway, and has the advantage of not having any
fans on the chipset (silence...).

Thanks all

Ed W