[linux-dvb] Re: Solved, patch attached: DVB-C tuning problems caused by inittab changes in ves1820.c since 2003-05-24

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 13:58, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> > sorry for my ignorance,
> >
> > but when you install the Orignal Software from Siemens for W9x the
> > first time on a clean W9x installation then it does once a receiver
> > calibration before the Software start the first time (at least a popup
> > window shows it)
> >
> > I don't know what happens there and perhaps i totaly wrong
>
> I was thinking about a tool just like this, shouldn't really be too hard
> to implement. But if you say that the Windows software does it anyway
> you maybe just have to boot Windows to fix your EEPROM...
                    ^^^^^

no it's very hard do this with windows, I get it only on a clean fresh
Windows installation, and only once when you start the Software for the
first Time, a Simple  deinstall (Software + Driver ) and then install the
Software again does not work for me .... IMHO no solution

and since a long time ago there was no more Space left for Windows on my HD
a larger /video is more useful ;)

so a Linux tool would realy Great

Oliver