[linux-dvb] Re: Solved, patch attached: DVB-C tuning problemscaused by inittab changes in ves1820.c since 2003-05-24

Oliver Lorei wrote:
On Monday 18 August 2003 08:28, Dr. Peter Bieringer  wrote:

I'm happy with my current solution now, also, is there already such tool
available which reprograms the EEPROM? In addition I think users will
first test other PWM values *before* touching the card's EEPROM
permanently (this can be perhaps also a warranty issue, if e.g. writing
to EEPROM fails and card is going unusable).
The EEPROMS of the Siemens cards are quite similiar, the EEPROM images are thus exchangeable if you adjust the PWM values per card...

sorry for my ignorance,
but when you install the Orignal Software from Siemens for W9x the first time on a clean W9x installation then it does once a receiver calibration before the Software start the first time (at least a popup window shows it)
I don't know what happens there and perhaps i totaly wrong
I was thinking about a tool just like this, shouldn't really be too hard to implement. But if you say that the Windows software does it anyway you maybe just have to boot Windows to fix your EEPROM...

Holger