[linux-dvb] Re: daemon for dedicated dvb-card.

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Kenneth Aafloy wrote:
> > MythTV (www.mythtv.org) gives you parts of this functionality,
> > and a lot of other extras.
>
> is MythTV now officially supporting DVB cards?

It's -in the works-, but it's pretty stable on my system.

The setup part has seen little progress, and can be a bit complicated,
but the lists over there help out with it all.

> Can it decode MPEG2 in software so that you can watch TV
> even without an expensive fullfeatured card?

Yes, because it originated from the PVR-250/350 card, which also do mpeg2.
It uses libavcodec for software decoding, and might see various hardware
assisted methods at a later stage.

BTW: Great work on the driver, very stable here!
     (Hauppauge Nexus-S w/Conax CAM)

Kenneth