[linux-dvb] Re: daemon for dedicated dvb-card.

Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2003 21:49 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> there is a solution for these 'problems'.
> Use vdr (Video Disc Recorder). There you can switch
> between channels via svdr. There is also a http-interface
> for switching and recording streams. With streamdev-plugin
> you are also able to play the http-streams with VLC (Video LAN Client) from
> any computer in your network. Also there are many, many plugins for the
> vdr.

Hello,

well... I think i am too stupid for this thing.

ok. compiled it. make my changes in the Makefile before compile.
No problems. I thoug wow. thats easy.. so next step i start vdr with:
vdr -v /hdd/Video/dvb -E /hdd/Video/epg.data -D 0

and nothing happens.. i think.. damn.. i forgot something. read the INSTALL
again and again.. so i saw that vdr is logging into syslog. okay. tailed
syslog.. seems to be good.. but the last line:
Aug 20 20:45:29 fileserver vdr[22974]: remote control KBD - learning keys

WTF?!?! keys? what for keys. my fileserver is a little box with 6hdds, one
dvd-writer, one cdwriter, one nic and one dvb-s card. there is no keyboard
nor irda-device on it... so, well, i thougt i hack randomly on my keyboard..
i got nice 'new KDB code'-msgs in the syslog.. and now? hrm? restart? okay.
restart.. hrm.. learning keys again? damnmit.. searched the Website of vdr
for a documentation.. nothing.. read the MANUAL.. nothing.. so i removed this
thing and try my luck with mythtv now (hope thats work better)...

this are my personal experience with vdr.

timo

(sorry for my bad english)