[linux-dvb] Re: daemon for dedicated dvb-card.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 11:17:46PM +0200, Timo Eckert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2003 21:49 schrieben Sie:

> for a documentation.. nothing.. read the MANUAL.. nothing.. so i
> removed this thing and try my luck with mythtv now (hope thats work
> better)...

Try again, but more slowly :)

Yes, keys. VDR is intended for interactive 'set top box' style control,
and the only keys you need to make it learn are cursor, ok, menu, back.
After that, you can press 'down' to end, and 'up' to save the keys.

Then obtain the streamdev plugin from http://www.magoa.net/linux and
install as per docs. Re-run VDR adding "-Pstreamdev" to the commandline,
and navigate to Setup -> Plugins -> Streamdev

You can now enable HTTP server. Now feel free to play channels on your
Nova-S from another machine by opening http://x.x.x.x/4 for channel 4,
etc. :)

Of course, you'll need to define a channels.conf file, and that's even
more off-topic for the linux-dvb list than this message is already.
Consider subscribing to the VDR list :)

IMO, VDR is much better suited to your needs than MythTV or Freevo, and
benefits from the large wealth of plugins and associated software to,
e.g. make DVDs direct from the broadcast MPEG2 via your Nova-S.

Cheers,
Gavin.