[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend experimental patch v1

> > I have done some more tests arount crl_bit() in ves1x93 with my Rev 1.3
> > DVB-S (ves1893). Realy only one "soft reset" is needed for this demod
(and
> > i think for the ves1993 too) to aquire lock. But the ves1893 needs some
> > short delay (according to the ves1893 appnote), up to ~500.000 Symbols
> > after the reset.
> >
> > I think, we should hold dvb_frontend.c(h) most common as possible, so
all
> > this RESET Stuff should be moved completly into the lowlevel frontend
> > drivers (if possible/ if nessasary).
>
> Cool! In that case, you sort out the ves1893 driver, and I'll remove the
> unneeded FE_POLL/FE_RESET stuff. I don't have any information on any of
those
> tuners so I can't really do much myself.

Yes, no problem, i will do some cleanups over weekend, an send you a diff
(or the frontend source).

> > BTW: Do you or somebody else know, why we do FE_SET_FRONTEND twice (via
> > before/after_ioctl) ? On my machines the driver will call SET_TONE,
> > FE_SET_FRONTEND, than closing Pids/Filters (and demux, i think), and
then
> > call again SET_TONE, FE_SET_FRONTEND. This doubles tuning time,
especialy
> > if the frontend needs some delays....
>
> I'm not really sure whats going on with that stuff. The code seems to do:
>
> call before_ioctl()
> if that returned -EOPNOTSUPP: call ioctl()
> if that returned -EOPNOTSUPP: call after_ioctl()
>
> I assume this is to allow cards which may do things in a funny way.. e.g.
the
> DISEQC is done by the card itself, and not by the frontend.
>
> It certainly shouldn't cause multiple calls to be directed at the frontend
> unless something is really knackered... I don't remember seeing this
> behaviour myself.

Sorry,

some mistake by me....the FE_SET_FRONTEND would only call once, only
dvb_frontend_add_event runs twice.

I think i shoud remove some debug printf´s in my code;)

Andreas