[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel OOPS

From: "Ralph Metzler" <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
> I thought about supporting the Nova CI a year ago, even disassembled
> the CI interface routines at the time, but then thought: why bother
> supporting TT if they make it so hard for Linux programmers?

Well, you kindly left something for Andrew and me to do. Thank you very
much :-)

> KNC released the specs (no begging and/or disassembling necessary ...)
> but the code we wrote is currently bound to a commercial project. It
> works since almost a year (at least with the modules without hardware
> problems).

One question: Does the KNC CI allow changing the voltage supplied to the
CAM? If I understand EN50221 right, the CAM may specify a supply voltage
other than 5V. However, the TT CI does not seem to allow controlling the
supply voltage, I assume it is fixed at 5V. Do all known CAMs use 5V supply
voltage?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach