[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> >
> > I get you, its the 'v'. Previously the driver was turning voltage on when it
> > started up, so power was being supplied, whereas now by default leaves it
> > off.
>
> So this means VDR should turn the voltage _on_ upon startup, right?
> I don't think having to do this via the DiSEqC configuration is the
> way to go...

Hm, it's been a while since I read the DiSEqC spec, but IIRC
the sequence is:

- turn off 22KHz
- set voltage to 13V or 18V
- send DiSEqC sequence
- if necessary turn on 22KHz

It doesn't make much sense to remove the power from the LNB
while sending the DiSEqC sequence, but luckily vdr doesn't
seem to do that ;-)  So, I guess that 'v' is a no-op.

There are some mandatory delays before and after sending
the DiSEqC sequence. The Nokia API rolled all that in a simple
and convenient ioctl which would allow the driver to do
all the timing (so that applications cannot fuck up), but Holger
removed it.

Johannes