[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > > Nokia specified the ioctl to run asynchronous, which causes
> > > some headaches for implementation. The current API also
> > > is more flexible and simpler, but forces every programmer
> > > to scrutinize the DiSEqC spec to use it right. The old
> > > API also made it difficult to integrate DiSEqC 2.0.
> > >
> > > For reference, the old API was in sec.h:
> > > http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/DVB/ost/include/ost/?hideattic=0#dirlist
> >
> > When I compiled the latest VDR developer version with the dvb-kernel
> > header files, everything compiled just fine - so I would assume that there
> > was no change in the API (besides, it has always been emphasized that the
> > API did not change between DVB and dvb-kernel).
>
> The "Nokia" API was the ancient API (devices in /dev/ost/ etc.).
> There is no API change bewteen recent DVB and dvb-kernel.
>
> Sorry if I confused you.

Well, then there must still be some bug that keeps DiSEqC from
working in the dvb-kernel driver. I have changed VDR today so that
it explicitly turns on LNB power at startup, but the DiSEqC switching
is still totally unreliable.

I'll give this another try next weekend...

Klaus