[linux-dvb] Re: Weird DVB-S problem on one site

On Monday 15 March 2004 00:00, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Sunday 14 March 2004 20:55, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Hmm, I'm having a very odd DVB-S problem on one client site only. The
> > cards are TT DVB-S budget SU1278-TUA5059 cards. I've tested the drivers
> > before I messed with them, but they exhibit the same problems. I've also
> > tested multiple cards, with the same problems.
> >
> > The system has one dish pointed at Astra 2 with a Quattro LNB. That is
> > attached to a multiswitch, and the cards are then attached to that. The
> > multiswitch is using non-DISEQC switching (i.e. tone/voltage based).
> > All transponders below 11700000 are perfect.
> >
> > Transponders above 11700000 have issues as follows:
>
> 11.7 GHz is the border line between low and high band.
> A Quattro LNB has 4 dedicated outputs: Low/H, Low/V, High/H, High/V.
>
> As there is no problem with low band, you might want to check the
> hardware: High-band cables/connectors from LNB to switch, the LNB,
> and the switch itself.
>
> But first I would take the PC with the cards to another site and see
> whether the problem persists.

Yeah, thats what I thought as well, I've kinda eliminated the machines
themselves.

The worrying/weird thing is we have commercial sat receivers (for encrypted
channels) on that site as well, connected to the same multiswitch. And they
are fine.

Cabling to the DVB-S cards is the thing that springs to my mind.