[linux-dvb] Re: Stock Linux kernel readyness?

On Thursday 02 December 2004 12:10, Juha Kuikka wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:11:13 -0000 (GMT), Tim Squires
>
> <nt650@cheekymail.net> wrote:
> > Thanks Stefan.
> >
> > I've now switched to 2.6.10rc2 with the dvb-kernel links.  This compiles
> > and runs OK but I get no data, even after a reboot.
>
> I am using TT DVB-C budget and 2.6.8.1's drivers and I have the exact
> same symptoms.

It also happens with standard 2.6.9 kernel and the dvb drivers that come
with that.

> > but trying mythtv, mplayer or xine and none of them receive any data.
>
> I tried with dvbstream and myth with the same results: no data.

Its a problem between the kernel (drivers) and vdr, no matter what the
viewer is.

> I also put the card into a windows box and I get the same result,
> tuning seems to work but no data. I wonder if my card is buster.

Thats interesting. I will test if Windows also gets no data after a cold
start. What I read from others is that the problem only occurs in Linux.

I have the same card in my productive VDR computer with kernel 2.4.x
and there it has no problems.

The question is how to find what causes this problems. I already tried
to play around with my bios settings, but it did not help either.

Dear dvb developers, is there anything I can do to help finding this bug?

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index