[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

Stefan Taferner wrote:
> On Monday 13 December 2004 14:54, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> [...]
> > Werner said he'd compared the saa7146 PCI memory between working and
> > non-working and there wasn't really an obvious difference. On the Nova-S

You could check for yourself: run lspci -vvxxx after cold and
warm boot from windoze. As for interpretation of the values one
has to consult the pci spec. But it's also possible that irq
routing is screwed up which won't show up in lspci I think.

> > This sounds _extremely_ like the issue many people who use VDR with an FF
> > and a budget card have - after a bit the budget card just stops delivering
> > data, but it can still tune OK. (the FF card works fine though). A reboot
> > (although not to windows) is required to fix it.
>
> I assume that one cannot reset the DVB card without rebooting the computer?

saa7146_core.c:saa7146_init_one()
        /* we don't do a master reset here anymore, it screws up
           some boards that don't have an i2c-eeprom for configuration
           values */
/*
        saa7146_write(dev, MC1, MASK_31);
*/

You could check if that makes a difference.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index