[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Monday 13 December 2004 14:54, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
[...]
> Werner said he'd compared the saa7146 PCI memory between working and
> non-working and there wasn't really an obvious difference. On the Nova-S
> cards there isn't really anything else you can control besides the demod
> and PLL - and someone said that tuning works OK....

Yes, tuning seems to work.

> This sounds _extremely_ like the issue many people who use VDR with an FF
> and a budget card have - after a bit the budget card just stops delivering
> data, but it can still tune OK. (the FF card works fine though). A reboot
> (although not to windows) is required to fix it.

I assume that one cannot reset the DVB card without rebooting the computer?

> /proc/interrupts showed that when this issue with FF+budget occurs, the
> budget simply doesn't generate interrupts any more.

Yesterday I also got lost interrupts every now and then (two times in 3
hours), and VDR stopped working. A kernel message said it disabled the
interrupt. Sorry, I cannot remember the exact wordings, and I am not at home
to search in the logs.

> Lots of different things have been tried with the FF issue - none of them
> have worked so far.
>
> I'm beginning to think that we're using the saa7146 in some way that makes
> it fall over occasionally.

Hmm... might be possible.
I still favor the timing problem theory...

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index