[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Monday 13 December 2004 15:24, Werner Hauger wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:05:10 +0100, Stefan Taferner <taferner@kde.org>
wrote:
> > I have the same problem here.
> >
> > The other computer has a Nova and a Nexus, and there it works as
> > expected. But the computer with only a Nova does need a reboot.
> >
> > To me it seems to be a known problem, but it also seems that up to now no
> > developer cares   :-|
>
> Thanks for the reply. At least I don't feel alone with this problem any
> more :-)
>
> Is the hardware different between your 2 computers ? Have you ever
> moved the Nexus to the  computer with only the Nova, thereby testing
> if the Nova now works without the reboot ?

Yes, its different. The only thing that is the same is the Nova card.

I cannot easily move the Nexus, as the other computer is to be considered
a production system. We do not have a TV set, and this computer with VDR
is *the* video/tv station of our family. That's why I bought another Nova
for my "own" computer, to be able to test setups before changing the
productive system...

--Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index