[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:41:08PM +0200, Werner Hauger wrote:
> 1. The card only delivers data after warm booting Linux from Windoze.
> If I cold boot Linux, scan will fail with timeouts and xine finds no
> data on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0. However tuning with szap works (I get
> a FE_HAS_LOCK). If I warm boot Linux after having been in Windoze,
> scan works, and xine picks up data from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 after
> tuning with szap -r. Now I also can use VDR with the xine plugin
> successfully.

I'm afraid this is _not_ a Nova-CI related thing:
this will be a bug that has not been found so far in an upper layer
of dvb. This also happens with skystar2: "no data" every now and then.

Unfortunately, most of the developers seem to think that this problem
is related to special cards: imho, I don't think it is.
Unfortunately, my skills are limited; I tried to help with error reports:
see the other thread.

Wolfgang

Home | Main Index | Thread Index