[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2 remote, repeat handling, keycodes

Stefan Lucke wrote:

On Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 22:04, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Thats not the major problem. The real problem is, not all keycodes
arrive at application side :-( even they were reported via syslog.
Numbers, up, down, left and right are ok.

please use evtest like Johannes suggested.

evtest reports all keys, but passing some keys in a way that they could
be read via stdin and some keys are not readable via stdin is strange.

it depends on your X11 keymap how input events are translated to X11 key events.

By the way, is it possible to wakeup the computer via an usb event ?
That didn't work for me although wakeup via usb is set in bios.

Hmm, don't know for sure. Is the suspend() callback of the 2.6. USB stack called in this case? If so you may want to remove stopping/restarting the query_rc work queue in suspend()/resume(), then it may work. Can you please let us know whether this is the case?

I think you misunderstood me. The board is not in "suspend to ram" mode.
So there is no kernel/ driver activity. Even after disconnecting/connecting
power, blue led of cinergy is on.

When I was talking of an usb event to wake up, I thought of somthing like
wakeup via keyboard, or is keyboard wakeup via usb not possible ?

From the hardware side it should be possible (I assume some IRQs arrive at the host cpu even in sleep mode, is that correct?), but I have no idea how/whether this is implemented in the linux kernel -- we would definitely need some support in the UHCI/EHCI/OHCI host driver stack. Maybe you can ask the linux-usb folks?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index