[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2 remote, repeat handling, keycodes

Stefan Lucke wrote:

On Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 21:58, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Stefan Lucke wrote:

On Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 16:07, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

linux/Documentation/input/input-programming.txt has just 281 lines.

Could it be such simple ? Repeat rate is now faster but with an initial delay
as desired.

As far I remember both the initial repeat rate and the delay are adjustable for every keyboard and input device. Johannes, could you please be so kind and commit the patch to CVS, I have no setup to test this right now...

One disadvantage of my diff is, that after about 2 sec we'll get one poll without
a keyrepeat signalled (len == 0). So my diff reports keyrelease in that situation which is
not true since I sill hold the key ;-) .

What exactly is reported, a keypress or a "no event"?

Another issue of the current approach is that the rc query interval has to be larger than the remote control's repeat interval, is this true?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index