[mpeg2] Re: Is this list still alive? Kfir issues.... revisted

Hello Rett,

i do not think that it is a heat problem. But if it is one, you should
contact your dealer and try to change the board. When i record some
Files with "cat /dev/video > file.mpg" it works for me very well. For a
few days i recorded one VHS Tape which plays over 2 hours, without a
problem. I set the Bitrate to 15Mbit/s, and after recording the file was
about 14 Gbyte and played very well with mplayer and vlc.

Did you use the latest cvs drivers and did you use the standard capture
Mode (Type 3, MPEG2-PS Stream) with a correct Bitrate etc.?

Sorry, but i never got such an error report. For info, i use Kernel
2.4.20 and have enabled all i2c things and the other video stuff!!

Whish you goog luck!

Andreas

Rett Walters wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I have been playing with the Kfir board from BMK to encode MPEG2 video, and have run
> into several issues....  The last issue I reported on > the Irq loop message in the
> /var/log/messages file, i seem to have eliminated by disabling USB modules.  I can
> get about 1 min of video now.  After one minute (using cat /dev/video0 > foo.mpg) I
> get alot of Kfir ready messages in the syslog, and the file size starts growing at
> about 3 times the rate of the first minute.   After killing the cat, the resulting
> file plays beautifully for about 1 minute, but then stops, freezing my player
> (xine).  Subsequent  captures either give me zero length files or, after reloading
> the drivers, fast growing files with nothing in them.  The only way I can get back
> to the 1 minute captures is to reboot.
>
> After perusing this list for months, I have added a heat sink and fan to the board
> (with a couple of rubber bands) at someone on this lists suggestion. This seems to
> have increased to capture time a little, but the same issues occur.
>
> I am running:
>
> RH8.0 with kernel 2.4.18 (from kernel.org)
> 440BX based motherboard with PIII 850Mhz, 512 MB RAM
> Card is on IRQ 5, with no other devices.
> Compiled Kfir drivers from latest CVS.
>
> Please help!!!  I would really like to get this to work.....
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rett Walters

Home | Main Index | Thread Index