[vdr] Re: hardware 19" 4HU

Am Sonntag, 14. April 2002 09:27 schrieben Sie:
> Alternatives are:
> - use normal PC and extent with Firewire disks
>   (expensive, large, software raid, complex to handle)
> - use normal PC and extent with network storage (Ethernet and Fireware)
>   (expensive, large, power usage)

Hi Emil,

I was thinking about it too. And I use the second solution:

1) One VDR-machine with at the moment 2 DVB-s-cards
and one large drive (>100 GB). So I spend as much power
as neccessary.

2) One seperate samba/nfs-file server as archive for
recordings, hosted in a 19" 8-drive-bay case.  So the power
consumption is as low as possible. I only switch this
server on, if I would like to save recordings (appr. one time
in two weeks) or watch archived recordings.

CU Norbert

Home | Main Index | Thread Index