[vdr] Re: OT: copying ISO images (WAS: anything else than Suse?)

Stefaan Coddé wrote:
> Guido Fiala wrote :
>

>>Well - so better don't let your windows open (i mean also the one in your
>>house) and do not play it as loud that the neighbors can hear it - you
>
> never
>
>>know if it's someone from GEMA. And better don't have to much friends or
>>yours.
>

> Hey... I didn't invent the laws.
> Sure, play as loud as you will till your neighbours can hear it.
> That is okay cause the quality of the sound that your neighbopurs can hear
> is very low,
> mostly only the bass sound. Putting speakers outside is also no problem
> except when
> pumping 500Watt's thru them... but then your neighbours will complain at
> that point.
>

>>Feel silly now ? Then don't support companies acting that way...
>>Using the internet and (cheap, easy to use) e-cash we can pay the artists
>>ourselfes and directly - the same applies for software. That is what those
>>companies really fear
>

> You miss the human aspect here. Many people still think : why paying for
> something
> if we can get it for free.  The majority will continue what they are doing.
> Only the real music fan
> meaning.. the ones that pay attention to the effort of the artist will pay
> and sure rather to the artist(s)
> then to a 'label'.

Ever heard of FAIRPLAY ??? If the artists do not get any money they
can't work and we'll loose them. Of course, there are a number of people
who don't care, but I think most people would pay them if the labels
would be fair.

The labels broke fairplay when they raised fee to 20 EUR per Album and
DVD and denied selling online as they want complete control over the users.

So, we want to pay if the labels would be fair. They want power and
control. They even attack basic rights to become allmighty.

We have free markets and we are the users. An loosing money is the only
way they understand!

I do not buy copy-protected CDs or DVDs anymore!

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index