[vdr] Re: looping mails

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 06:43, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Am Mit, 2002-06-26 um 20.02 schrieb Andreas Roedl:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2002 16:32 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> > > I agree. I'm subscribed to four mailinglists
> >
> > 4?
> >
> > > and I get confused
> > > following the threads (packet-writing even doesn't have a [vdr] or
> > > [linux-dvb] in subject, so it's difficult to separate them). My
> > > mail-accounts are bursting. I'm trying to separate them by different
> > > mail-accounts, filters and imap, but it's a mess ...
> > >
> > > I think a forum can be read easier, especially if you have been some
> > > days off. And you have a browser anywhere.
> > >
> > > Archiving also works better. Did you ever count the superfluos mails to
> > > questions discussed some weeks ago? You go to holidays for 3 weeks,
> > > don't find a thread you were on  in the ML-archive and ask the same
> > > silly questions being discussed - again!
> >
> > I'm subscribed to a _lot_ of mailing lists and I can't understand what you
> > mean. You're using the wrong mail client?
> >
> >   http://www.flood-net.de/mail.png
> >

> Just found a nice sorting option for threads in Evolution about two
> hours ago. But there are still problems with people changing the subject
> or MLs having no identifier in the subject (like [vdr] od [linux-dvb]).

In evolution vfolders are your friend.  Just create a vfolder for each
mailing list.  To do this just right click on a message - select create
rule from message and then select vfolder on mailing list.

As mentioned by someone else changing the thread will not break the
thread as it uses the message id - look at the full email headers to see
where the message ids are quoted.

--
Malcolm Caldwell <malcolm.caldwell@ntu.edu.au>
Northern Territory University