[vdr] Re: vdr crashes

> figure out the actual sequence of what is happening. Maybe I shouldn't
> mark the syslog messages with LOG_ERR and LOG_INFO, respectively, but rather
> always use LOG_ERR to make sure they go into the same file? Anybody with
> more knowledge on 'syslog' who'd like to comment on this?

How about using local1-local7? That way all messages from vdr could be sent into a file
uniquely used for vdr? All other messages from the system itself will go into
/var/log/messages and so on.

syslog.conf:
# Save vdr messages
local7.*                                                /var/log/vdr.log

Though I don't know wether you need the system messages to debug problems with vdr
as well or not.

Thilo
--
Thilo Wunderlich  -  tw@7eins.net