[vdr] Re: Just Nova-T

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karsten Becker" <Linux@Karsten-Becker.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 1:35 AM
Subject: [vdr] Just Nova-T

> Hi,
> Sorry if this is a FAQ, but do I need a non-budget version even if I just
want
> to record files? I mean, as I understood the premium is just needed for
using
> the mpeg-decoder and the S-Video output, or am I completly wrong?
>
> Has anyone done VDR with a Nova-T and would like to share his config file
with
> me?
>
> What I like to do is, to but a Server somewhere I can't hear it and use it
as
> a remote PVR with VideolanServer. Any experience with that setup?
>
> Kind regards,
> Karsten

I'm running a 3x Hauppauge DVB-S Nova-solution with no full-featured cards
in my server. The video-directory is mounted to my clients by NFS.

It works quite good, but the problem is that I don't have OSD. This means I
can control VDR by VDRADMIN very comfortable, but can't do cutting as there
is no video-display and no OSD to control the cutting.

For a recording-only solution the low-budget-cards are better as they
provide the complete TS (means unlimited recording of channels at the
transponder) and they have no ARM-processor which can crash.

Rene