[vdr] Re: Bug, or just me?

> I'm also using Gentoo and had some strange problems with the
> gentoo-sources (as you know, they're heavily patched). I don't know if
> your problems have something to do with it, but maybe it would be better
> to merge the vanilla-sources for a rock-stable system.
> Must have been a really time-expensive installation with a P133 ;)

It's just that I am using the same sources on my original test box (which was
faster :-) and had no problems.

And yes, quite time-expensive !! I used the stage 3 tarball, of course CD-ROM
didn't work and the BIOS (from 1995) wouldn't let me boot off it if it did,
so had to use rescue floppies to coordinate the whole thing. Compiling a
kernel takes 82 minutes (! imagine how pissed I was when I forgot to include
tmpfs and Gentoo wouldn't boot :-), vdr about 15, dvb drivers again 15.
Agghh! But the idea is that I only compile things very rarely once it's
working, and if I ever try to compile KDE on that box, just shoot me :)

> I think this is already known...I can remember such posts a few days ago.

Aha! I'll dive into the archives again :) Btw .. was it resolved? hehe

Cheers!
Dennis